Sunday 8 October 2017

When to water (in Sydney)

One of the most frequent questions I get asked as a gardener is when am I allowed to water? As rules about such matters change from time to time I thought it opportune to review the current restrictions for Sydney home gardeners as we move into the warm season.

In most areas watering by sprinklers is forbiddon
Sydney

Watering, including with sprinklers and irrigation systems, is allowed any day before 10 am and after 4 pm to avoid the heat of the day.

All hand held hoses must have a drigger nozzle.

No hosing of hard surfaces such as paths and driveways. Washing vechicles is allowed.

More info at http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SW/water-the-environment/what-we-re-doing/water-restrictions/


I will update this page when rules change.

3 comments:

  1. First of all great article. I can't believe I didn't think of blogging this myself. People are always telling me different things about what the current water restrictions are so it's good to get the facts.

    *** Also that frog sprinkler is awesome. Is it yours? Where did you get it? ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Alex. Don't you just love the frog. It lives in an old garden I look after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i love the frog you have frog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...